The main purpose of the shoe is to protect the feet and prevent their injury, but for these things to be achieved, the shoe must fit the foot. Shoes that do not fit like those that are too narrow, too short or too wide can create discomfort or hurt the feet in some situations.
Because children are the majority of adults and prefer fashionable shoes to the detriment of comfort, it is very important for parents to ensure the comfort of children's shoes. Parents need to make sure that the shoe fits the shape of the foot, is adapted to the heels and provides the space needed to move the fingers. The comfort of the feet in the shoes is essential for maintaining stability, mobility and safety.
In order to prevent the emergence of wounds due to the shoe the parent should consider the following when purchasing a new pair for children:
- because the children's feet are constantly growing and the footwear that was suitable last year is no longer good this year, parents should measure each foot before buying a new pair of children's shoes;
- to correctly measure the size of each leg, the child must stand upright without resting when the measurements are made;
- it is not normal to sacrifice comfort for the sake of fashion, buying tight shoes, as this can seriously hurt the foot;
- the shoe is good to be checked also internally for the detection of labels, seams, excess glue or other areas and defects that can cause irritation of the foot;
- if the baby's leg comes out easily from the shoes this may be due to the too wide width and not to the incorrect length of the shoe.
Read the whole article in: Sfatulmedicului.ro
August 23, 2007