The benefits of Liver Oil Code for the health of the child
Cod liver oil is a "must have" element in the process of growing children. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A and D, cod liver oil is a good support for the baby, ensuring its immune balance, good neurocognitive, osteoarticular and metabolic development.
The benefits of cod liver oil on children can be assured only if it has an optimum concentration of certain ingredients, meets the production standards, is natural and last but not least, it has a child-like taste.
Why is it best to give your child Code Liver Oil?
The purified cod liver oil is a very good source of Omega-3 fatty acids which have the composition EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and vitamins A, D and E.
To understand how these compounds contribute to the health of the child, we will explain below the role of each.
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) is an Omega-3 fatty acid, precursor of certain eicosanoids, the class of substances that includes thromboxanes, prostaglandins, leukotrienes. Eicosanoids regulate fundamental physiological processes, such as cell division and growth, hormonal secretions, and transmembrane cell transport activity.
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) - is a long-chain Omega-3 fatty acid, found in large quantities in the brain, more precisely in the composition of those structures that are involved in synapses. Thus DHA is an important component of synaptic membrane, synaptic vesicles and growth cones. Nutrition and liver provide the body DHA. The rate of DHA synthesis at the brain level is low, but this is essential for maintaining the normal structure of neuronal membranes and optimal synapse functioning.
- Vitamin A It is involved in the growth process and contributes to tissue development, eye health and increased immune response.
- Vitamin D contributes to the health of bones and teeth, helping to absorb calcium in the body.
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin with antioxidant role (protects cells from the action of free radicals). This is recommended for maintaining the health of the heart and circulatory system.
- Cod liver oil it contains vitamins A and D, but for better results, their quantity can be supplemented by supplementing the formula.
Studies show that the administration of Omega-3 in childhood contributes to:
Optimal functioning of the child's nervous system: phospholipids in the brain contain large amounts of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and arachronic acid (AA). DHA and EPA contribute to maintaining cell membrane functionality, ensuring its permeability and proper sensitivity of membrane receptors.
The low level of DHA is associated with the reduction of cognitive performance and behavioral changes, which is why supplementation by specific products contributes to the improvement of children's intellectual performance, improves the status of children with autism spectrum disorders and ADHD.
Modulation of the immune response - Omega-3 fatty acids play an anti-inflammatory role (inhibit prostaglandin and leukotriene production, reduce pro-inflammatory cytokine production (TNF-α, IL-1, IL-6, and IL-8) and reduce the generation of reactive oxygen species), being a good dermatoprotector.
It is recommended for children who often breed, those who go to kindergarten and school and need help in adapting, but also for children with chronic respiratory diseases. For example, administration of 84 mg EPA and 36 mg DHA also contributes to reducing the symptoms of asthma in children.
Bone growth and development - Omega-3 fatty acids favor the maintenance of an optimal bone density, by stimulating the factors that promote osteosynthesis and the accumulation of calcium in the bones.
Studies show that EPA and DHA increase the production of IGF1 (insulin-like growth factor 1), a factor that promotes osteoblast activity (completely undifferentiated young bone cells from which osteocytes form).
The serum DHA level during the growth and maturation of the bone system ensures a good level of bone mineralization at maturity.
Code Liver Oil is also recommended for children on corticosteroids - offers bone protection and immunomodulation, overweight children for weight reduction in case of overweight, dyslipidemia management, liver steatosis, muscular and cardiovascular development.
Secom Liver Oil code, ideal for child development
Specially designed by pediatricians, Cod Liver Oil from Secom® portfolio has an optimal formula, natural ingredients and a very good taste.
The product made from purified Arctic liver oil from Norway contains per teaspoon (5 ml): 1225 mg Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA-600 mg, EPA-400 mg, other Omega-3 fatty acids - 225 mg) and a vitamin A, D and E supplement to enhance the effects of fatty acids.
Besides the optimum quantity of ingredients, the quality raw material, the product has a natural taste of strawberries, contains no sugar or other additives and reaches up to 95 days of administration.
It can be administered from the age of 6 months and is recommended by the Romanian Society of Pediatrics and the Society of Child Neurology and Psychiatry in Romania (SNPCAR).
Give your child a smooth development and a good start!
Article source: Secom.ro